The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education.
Funded through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, JAMP is a unique partnership between eleven Texas medical schools and seventy public and private four-year undergraduate institutions.
Since 2003, JAMP has been helping Texas students achieve their dreams with guaranteed admission to one of the state's medical schools, financial, and academic support to help them get there, and access to resources that allow them to excel.
- Support through undergraduate scholarships and summer stipends
- Placement into JAMP Summer Internship experiences
- Hands-on experience through clinical enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive, multi-phase MCAT preparation program
- Personal and professional development through dedicated mentoring
- Guaranteed admission to a participating Texas medical school if all criteria are met
- Scholarships to attend medical school
Applicants to JAMP may elect to apply through the Early Admission Track or the Regular Admission Track to be considered for the program.
Program Criteria and Guidelines
Admission statistics for JAMP Entry Year 2020. Click on image to expand or download the PDF below.