APPLY Magazine is the official magazine of the Texas Health Education Service.
Article topics originate from questions future health professions students face such as understanding holistic review, writing a personal statement, and strategies to elevate your application. You can access previous editions of APPLY magazine to explore more topics.
2019 APPLY Magazine Articles
- “The Adventures of Zander and Taylor, or How I Found Gold in the Pre-Health Advising Office” by Debrah Beck, Ph.D. and Karen de Olivares, Ph.D.
- “Holistic Review in the Medical School Admissions Process and What It Means for You” by Filomeno G. Maldonado, M.A.
- “Is Dentistry a Match for You?” Kay H. Malone, D.D.S., Barbara H. Miller. D.D.S., M.S., & Ralph A. Cooley, D.D.S.
- “Addressing the Needs of the Many: a Career in Public Health” by David L. Lakey, M.D.
- “Don’t Freak Out! Planning Your Emotional Health During Test Prep” by James Scott Wright, Ed.D.
- “Be the Best You: 4 Strategies for a Better Application” by Matthew C. Meeks, M.Ed.
- “Animals, People, Disease & Health: The Future of Veterinary Medicine” by Dr. Karen Cornell
- “Filling the Gap: What Applicants Should Know about Gap Years” by David J. Jones, M.S., Ph.D.
- “Journal Your Way to Success” by Enrique Jasso, Jr., M.A.