27 - Is Post-Bac Right for You?
Ms. Shirley Anderson and Mr. Doyen Rainey are advisors at The UT Dallas Health Professions Office. They join us to talk about how applicants can decide if post-bac coursework is a viable option, and how life experiences come into play when applying to professional school.
They mention several resources and book recommendations for applicants. Here they are:
- Atul Gawande, Complications - surgery
- Oliver Sachs, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat - neuroscience
- Pamela Grimm, Just Here Trying to Save a Few Lives – ER
- Atul Gawande, The Checklist Manifesto – healthcare systems and patient safety
- Atul Gawande, Being Mortal – medical compassion and end-of-life care
Have some unique experiences you're hesitant to share in your application? Re-frame them - there's almost always some trait or characterstic that connects back to being an effective healthcare provider.
Connect with us!Reach out if you have any questions or comments about the podcast.
Join our online communities to receive early access to the podcasts, ask questions and receive information directly from TMDSAS, professional schools and advisors.
The TMDSAS Podcast is a proud affiliate of the MededMedia network.