The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education.
Funded through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, JAMP is a unique partnership between all nine Texas medical schools and sixty-seven public and private four-year undergraduate institutions.
Since 2003, JAMP has been helping Texas students achieve their dreams with guaranteed admission to one of the state's nine medical schools, financial, and academic support to help them get there, and access to resources that allow them to excel.
- Support through undergraduate scholarships and summer stipends
- Placement into JAMP Summer Internship experiences
- Hands-on experience through clinical enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive, multi-phase MCAT preparation program
- Personal and professional development through dedicated mentoring
- Guaranteed admission to a participating Texas medical school if all criteria are met
- Scholarships to attend medical school